Flu vaccination provides the best protection against an unpredictable virus which infects many people and can cause serious illness and death each year. Those most at risk from flu are also most vulnerable to COVID-19. We must do all we can to help protect them this winter. Read more about the flu here
We are offering those most at risk flu vaccinations as early as possible so that individuals are protected when flu begins to circulate. All eligible patients will receive a text, email or letter informing them that they are eligible and asking them to book an appointment.
- Aged 65 and Over – Clinics start in Mid September – Please book online or by phone 01923 224 203
- Children aged 2 – 3 and at Risk <18 – Clinics start in late September –by phone 01923 224203
- 18 – 64 in a Clinical at Risk Group – Clinics start in early October – Please book online or by phone 01923 224203
- School aged children who are eligible will be vaccinated by their school. Please contact your school if you have any queries
If you are unsure if you are eligible for a vaccine please check here
In a phased approach, people aged 50 – 64 who are not in a clinical risk group are to be offered the vaccine later in the season – likely in November or December when additional vaccine stock becomes available. Please DO NOT contact the surgery about the vaccination at the moment as we need to focus on the more vulnerable groups in the community. We will contact you when we are ready to offer you a vaccination. Please read more here
We expect that some people in “at risk” groups may have concerns about maintaining social distancing when being given the vaccine. We have put in place measures to ensure that social distancing will always observed.
If there is someone you rely on to care for you, please ask them to contact their own GP Practice to ask for their free flu vaccination.
- This will be a walk-through clinic. Wear clothing that makes it easy to expose your upper arm.
- Please DO NOT attend your appointment if you have any symptoms of COVID-19 or if you are isolating
- Please wear a face covering
- Do not arrive early or late for your appointment.
- Attend on your own unless you need help mobilising
- Please follow the instructions and sign marking foot stickers for keep distance marking to queue up.
If you cannot attend your appointment, please call us as early as possible so we can reallocate you. This may mean we cannot vaccinate you until later in the season.